Fruits and Vegetables provide the essential nutrients we need for everyday functions. The daily recommended fruit and vegetable servings for an adult is on average between 1.5 – 2 cups of fruit and 2 -3 cups of vegetables per day. This can be hard to meet when you are in and out of meetings, being the boss and balancing a hectic lifestyle – or in between naps. Smoothies and fresh juices can help increase the vitamin intake but are you getting all the vitamins you need or too much of one and not enough of another? A daily multivitamin can help guarantee that you get all the vitamins and minerals you need, and what you don’t need your body will get rid of – yay healthy liver function.
Here are 8 reasons why a multivitamin should be a part of your everyday routine:
- Having sufficient vitamins and minerals daily today will help your body in the future. As you age your body needs more minerals and vitamins so starting the habit now will help you, in the long run, to ensure you get the nutrients you need.
- Many vitamins and minerals come from a variety of plant and animal sources but it’s difficult to get them all in one day without constantly eating everything in sight – a multivitamin ensures you get all the nutrients needed for the day.
- Having sufficient vitamins and minerals helps your body protect itself from heart diseases, cancer and other health conditions making your immune system stronger.
- Sufficient vitamins and minerals help your hair, skin, and nails to thrive. Consistent vitamin and mineral intake also allows your brain to function at its optimal level. Be on top of your P’s and W’s and look great doing it.
- Vitamin deficiency can sometimes make you feel lethargic or tired – a multivitamin can keep you energized without the caffeine or the crash.
- Daily vitamin intake can help your body naturally flush toxins out of your system and help to keep the liver healthy.
- Multivitamins rich in anti-oxidants can improve muscle strength – so if you are working out, keep those vitamins coming to keep your hard-earned strength up.
- Multivitamins provide the right dosage of B-complex to help reduce stress and manage anxiety – something everyone could always use a little help with.
Stop by and speak to one of our pharmacists about which multivitamin is right for you and make a small change to better your health.