The outbreak of COVID-19 may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in not only adults but also children. We at Cayman Pharmacy Group want to give you some helpful tips and pointers in managing your stress during this time. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.
Stress during an infectious disease outbreak can include:
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Worsening of mental health conditions
Here are some reminders that are necessary while managing the unknown. This was not part of the plan but yet we are here. We hope these help you preserve your energy through this process.
Things To Be Reminded of While Quarantined:
- It’s okay to move through the various stages of grief
- Take care of yourself
- People can experience the same thing and have different reactions
- Being busy is not an accurate measure of worth
- Connection is healing
- Surrender by embracing what is
- Hobbies are important
- There’s always a way to help others
- Be content
- Be grateful for the little things
- We can’t force people to do things
- Sometimes we have to wait
- The wait is not always easy
For some of us, spending time alone is a real struggle. Being alone doesn’t have to be lonely or boring. Find ways to make the time you have with yourself enjoyable. Are you comfortable spending time alone?
How To Enjoy Your Own Company:
- Get to know yourself (journal or explore self discovery questions)
- Play by yourself (cards, games, coloring)
- Explore your hobbies or find a hobby
- Have a solo date (movie night, special dinner, dance party)
- Speak to yourself kindly (the way you would to a friend or a kid)
- Embrace the solitude (meditate, think, rest)
You got this! We hope you’re staying safe and sane while the world is on this temporary, unexpected detour. We want you to know that we are here for you. If you need to get in touch with us, fax or e-mail us here.
Take care and stay safe.
Cayman Pharmacy Group