The Cayman Pharmacy Group is proud to offer our own on-site pharmaceutical compounding unit.
About Pharmacy Compounding
For many people with unique health care needs, we offer personalized medication solutions. Compounded medications are sometimes the only option to achieve the desired health care outcome. These mixtures are prepared by trained pharmacists and technicians to meet the individual’s special needs. We work with physicians and veterinarians to create customized medication solutions for the patients and animals whose requirements are not met by manufactured medications.
Who Needs Personalized Medication Solutions?
- Patients who need specialized dosing due to age-related issues (pediatric or geriatric)
- Patients who have allergic reactions to inert ingredients such as binders or dyes in commercially available products
- Patients who have multiple health care issues that impact a drug’s absorption or elimination
- Have difficulty absorbing the medication via the traditional delivery process of a commercially available product, i.e. can’t swallow or are sensitive to topically applied products
- Children who need a medication that is only commercially available in an adult dosage form
- Adults who require a particular medication that is no longer commercially available or a strength that is not manufactured.
- Individuals that need a dosage form allowing for gradual changes in dose (example – titrating a dose until it is “just right” for the individual)
- Situations where readily available products have been exhausted without achieving desired results
- Veterinary patients that range in size from a household pet such as cat or dog, to a farm animals such as a horse, are just a few of the patients who are dependent upon personalized medication solutions
The community of patients with special needs:
- Autistic children
- Cancer patients
- Diabetic patients
- Menopause patients
Patients of medical specialists:
- Dermatologists: psoriasis, fungus, wound treatment
- Gynecologists: hormone replacement and female sexual health
- Gastroenterologists: hemorrhoids and anal fissures
- Veterinary medicines
- Pain specialists: chronic pain management & special procedures
- Urologists: Andropause & erectile dysfunction
- Dentists: oral health & topical anesthetics
- Podiatry: persistant bacterial & fungal infections